Old June 25th 04, 01:25 PM
Jonny R

"Karen" wrote in message ...
May be a little stressed. Ask the vet for some Feliway or stop at the local
pet store. It may also help introductions go better. Keep us posted

The vet examined him, took a fecal sample. The test results found
nothing abnormal. She attributed the bleeding and diarrhoea to stress
from the move and change in food. She gave us some antibiotics just
in case. If he's still having blood in his feces by Monday we are to
bring him back, or if he is to have a sudden change in health (i.e.
not eating anymore, looking sick) we are to bring him back right away.

On another note, last night Hummy and Normy were playing together, and
after their wrestling match I had noticed that Normy's was keeping his
left eye half-shut, and it looked teary (if that's even a word). This
morning I noticed a small circular film on top of his eye. Perhaps
half of the size of a pencil eraser head. It doesn't seem to bother
him though. I'm not sure what it is but I'm wondering if perhaps its
simply a scratch wound from yesterday's battle with Hummy.

Hummy seems to always overpower him and pin him down while wrestling,
with his mouth either around his neck or his belly. And Normy screams
(meows) a lot when this happens. However when Hummy lets him go
(sometimes we almost have to pry him off) Normy often rushes back to
Hummy.