Old February 14th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default [OT] Safety alert

"Yowie" wrote in message
I awoke to the sound of the Yowlet's panicked screams last night, and went
to see what was wrong. A thread from the cotton-weave 'hospital' blanket
had
seperated and was wrapped very tightly around his arm, to the point where
his hand had started to go blue. I removed the thread, massaged the
circulation back, and got him back to sleep (eventually). But I kept
thinking... I had got that blanket over a 'regular' blanket because I had
been lead to believe that said blankets presented less of a risk of
suffocation. But if it had been his neck rather than his arm....

Please regularly check those type of blankets for loose threads, and if
there are any, its probably best just to chuck the blanket away. Even if
this particular one is Cary's precious "blankie", it was far too close a
call for me to keep the thing.

Yowie

What an awful thing! Sometimes it seems as though there isn't anything you
can count on. I'm glad it had a happy ending, and I hope you can find
something Cary will accept in place of his "blankie".

Joy