Old February 5th 07, 01:14 AM posted to alt.pets.cats,alt.home.repair,rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.dogs.misc
Dean Hoffman

Default How to remove odor from car trunk

In article ,
LurfysMa wrote:

I'm posting this to several groups in hopes that someone will have an
answer.

I need suggestions for getting the smell or rotted fish out of the
trunk of my car and a duffel bag.

On the way home from the grocery store, one of the grocery nags tipped
over in the trunk. A couple of packages of frozen salmon fell out and
slipped behind a duffle bag. I didn't notice them.

About 3-4 weeks (!) later, I noticed a strong smell when I went into
the garage. It smelled just like a smell we had a few years back when
a rodent died in the attic. I checked around, but couldn't find
anything. Over the next day or two, it got worse.

Cut rest.

Supposedly crumpled up newspapers will take the smell out of
freezers and fridges. Maybe it's worth a try.

Dean