Old May 25th 08, 10:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

Default Vid: Caliban singing for his breakfast

Marina kirjoitti:
Sherry wrote:

Awww. He has the *cutest* little round head and eyes. If you smooshed
his
ears down, he'd look like a Scottish fold. Bad idea.

Well, his mother walked the streets of Tallinn and we don't know who his
father was, so who knows what he has in his lineage? He doesn't mind me
messing with his ears. He's pretty tolerant in general.

Speaking of not knowing what a cat has in his lineage reminded me of
Nico, presently residing with my ex. A friend of my ex's had a sick cat
and the vet said it might need a blood transfusion and practically any
cat, moggie, would do as they usually have the same blood group. The
friend asked my ex if she might borrow Nico for the transfusion, and as
it wouldn't harm Nico in any way, my ex agreed to it. After the attempt
at the transfusion, however, it turned out that Nico had blood type B,
usually only found in pedigree kitties, and not the more common A. Nico
is a rescue kitty, and AFAIR his mom was the cat of an elderly lady in
the country who passed away, and the pregnant cat was taken to Helsinki
by a relative of the old lady. All the cats in Nico's litter looked like
him, bluish grey with some white here and there. So again a case of not
knowing what he has in his lineage... I told my ex to write Nico's
blood group into his papers, so he doesn't forget it if it someday
becomes important.

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com