Old February 6th 15, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Magicat

Default Fundraiser - PLEASE HELP - My cat needs surgery

Jacqui Watz wrote: The tips of Harley's ears are being destroyed by skin
cancers, and we've been told he will need surgery to remove the affected parts.

Early last year our other cat, Kitty, was diagnosed with stomach cancer. She needed surgery but sadly, she died shortly after. The vet bill we received was just over $1000 and paying it has had a terrible effect on our finances - ever since then we have been really struggling.

Now Harley needs treatment and it's impossible for us to afford it.

I'm in a very similar situation (Casey & Houdini cost $1400 last year, Azrael's
throat tumor removal estimate is $5k and we're living on SSI) so I can't donate,
but here's the list of active veterinary financial aid funds I've found that we
can apply to:

http://sixlegsfoundation.org/
http://onyxandbreezy.org
http://paws4acure.org
http://frankiesfriends.com/programs-...happy-tails-2/
http://thepetfund.com (has a wait list)
http://uan.org/index.cfm?navid=161
http://petassistanceinc.org
http://imom.org

Lists of funds focusing on specific states & conditions:
http://www.redrover.org/node/1381
http://www.redrover.org/node/1379

I'm still looking through the charity lists from other orgs and jotting down the
ones I find, so I'll probably post another few later tonight. Hopefully both of
us can scrape together enough money to get the operations done really soon.
*crosses fingers*

--
Blog (with Azrael's pics & updates):
http://xyzzy.atwebpages.com