Old July 22nd 04, 04:18 AM
majus

Thanks for the reply.

My question about near-sightedness would be: why would it begin
manifesting in only a week's time? She was fine, then over a period of
about five days she's acting very, very different.

I have been nearsighted for many years and it did not come on overnight.

One thing that I did not mention in my first post is this: I made a trip
out of town for about four days during which my neighbors (whom I trust
very much) watched her for me as they have for several years.

Before I left on my trip, Alice was acting normally in the respect she
would meet me at the door when I came home from work. The day I returned
from my trip she did not meet me. She was sitting at the end of the
mantle, watching the door. She has been in that spot every day since my
return.

Over the next three weeks she pretty much acted as she always had.
Except for not meeting me at the door, she was still sleeping on the bed
with me, rolling around on the floor, playing and so on; then this past
week she won't do any of that anymore. She sleeps on the dresser across
the room, and she will not stay on the floor even if I get down on the
floor with her.

The only place on the floor she still goes to is her litterpan.
Otherwise, if she does go to the floor it is only to run to the next
high spot. I had to put her food and water up high because she wouldn't
go near it.

It is really strange.

George