Old July 1st 04, 01:01 AM
Phil

Yes, we knew she had urinated in inappropriate places. The breeder did not
make much of it, but it was felt this would cease if she got a better home,
lots of attention, plenty of space, very comfortable surroundings, and
quietness. She was confined to a bedroom with another cat at the breeder's
house. We tried working with the cat for a year and a half. Vet visits,
tests, FeliAway, cat box locations, number of cat boxes, etc.. Nothing has
worked.

Yes, we tried. I don't know where this cat would be had we not come along.

- Phil

"Wendy" wrote in message

"Phil" wrote in message
I would like to respond to all who responded, but given the number of

The vet did some work and detected a minor bladder infection, which was
cured with antibiotics. Had her a year and a half. Pretty much doing

this
the whole time, although more of problem later on. She is 6-1/2 years

old,
and according to the breeder would occasionally have the urination

problem
with her as well. The breeder and us figured she may stop this with

good
attention from us. So, problem could have existed from kittenhood.

Don't
know. The litter has not been changed, and is the same as the breeder

used.
Litter box location and dual boxes have had no impact. Both are

uncovered.
We tried a covered one but that did nothing either. The primary

location
for the box is a bathroom that is almost never used. The other box is

in
laundry room. Since she is confined to one room now, there is just one
litter box in that room. However, food is within 10 feet of the box..

She
did urinate and poop in the same box, but occasionally will urinate
somewhere else. She even pooped once outside the box, but just 15 feet

away
from it. We tried Feliaway, but our house is decent sized and the cost

of
this stuff is not cheap to use effectively. We discovered a three foot

by
three foot carpeted area she urinated on (must have been more than

once),
which I cleaned up, and with Feliaway applied as directed, she never
urinated there again. But, there is a LOT of house left.

Thank you for your comments. We have someone who might be interested in

the
cat. Hopefully, she can find peace and comfort there.

- Phil

I gather you knew about this problem when you got her? If so I have to

give
you credit for giving it a try.