Old July 5th 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet

Default Peeing on the Cat Mat

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Janet" wrote in message

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Janet" wrote:

Since this is something that she does at most once every week or two,
and the rest of the time she pees in the box, I don't see any reason to
think it is a UTI.

I missed this part. Does she tend to do it when the box needs cleaning?

I don't know...that is a thought. I guess it depends what you mean by
"needs cleaning"! G

Maybe if I scoop more diligently...how often is typical for a one-cat
box?

I think you need to ask kitty! Just kidding ...

I scoop once a day and my cats are fine with it. (They each have a box.)
Others scoop every time the cat goes, but that requires a bit more
attention
to kitty's potty habits for me!

For sure, not keeping the box clean enough (in kitty's opinion) can make
for very bad habits. Our tuxedo with "cattitude" was fine until I rebelled
against having to do everything my husband does not want to do, and
insisted he clean her box. He let it get really dirty, she finally had
enough,
and waited until he was IN bed, in freshly laundered linens, and peed
ON him.

They know how to get our attention. Let us know how it goes.

I think we may have the answer. She didn't do this until I got a little lax
and started scooping less than once a day. I shall be more attentive to Miss
Kitty's needs and see what happens!