Old August 19th 03, 11:05 PM
Tanada

Theresa wrote:

I attended a vigil this past Sat. at a Humane Society in Columbus. Shelters
send in names of animals that had been euthanized and the names were read.
A few poems were read, then came a blessing of the animals. Now I've seen
this done before, but they do it differently here. The pastor of a local
church blesses each animal in attendance individually. He asks the pet's
name and if there is any specific need. We took 3 animals from the Dayton
shelter, one being the puppy I had fostered. We just asked that they all
find homes, especially one dog, Brownie, who has been there for 6 months.
It was a very moving evening.

Ours wasn't as elaborate as yours was, but it was still very moving.
The names of departed pets were sent in and often the hoomin was
present, the RB poem was read, and then a blessing of the animals was
prayed by the minister/pastor/priest. I didn't care what religion he
was, he was there for the animals and that was enough.

Pam S.