Old February 16th 06, 06:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Cat repeatedly vomiting?

"Niel Humphreys"
wrote:

Just getting a bit concerned about my 15 year old "Q". Recently he
has been unable to keep food down, or water. He will eat or drink
but then within about 20 minutes he sicks it back up. He also dry
retches periodically and nothing comes out aside from a bit of
hair and bile. He has always had a dicky stomach and tended to
vomit up the first meal after a rest (overnight sleep) but this is
getting scary and he's lost a lot of weight. He has also become
very affectionate.

The vet could not find any sign of a problem (no lumps and normal
temperature etc) and has pumped him with what I assume are
anti-biotics and steroids which seemed to work immediately
afterwards as he kept a meal down but is back to being sick all
over the house now.

If you have the time, try feeding him a little bit at a time
frequently. Even if you can't do it forever, try it for a few days.
If you do, please report your results.

Good luck.