Old September 2nd 03, 04:08 PM
Marina

wrote

Yeah, well the full panel they did on Smudge in April wasn't exactly
cheap!

Is the medication for *hyperthyroidism* cheap? I'm hypo myself, so it's
a simple matter of taking some more thyroid. I'm not sure what they do
when you make too much of the stuff (much what they do when "you" are a
cat ).

At least here, the medication is cheap (I'm also hypo - err - I don't even
have a thyroid any more. It was removed due to cancer). I'm not sure either
what the hyperthyroidism meds do, I assume they block the excess hormone in
some way. I don't think it can stop the gland from producing the hormone.
Must find out.

Oh, yes, the pills are small and apparently bland in taste. Lately I've
crushed them and mixed them with sour cream, and both cats seem to enjoy
their "treat" morning and evening.

--
Marina