Old August 24th 03, 06:27 PM
Sherry

My pet peeve are parents (using the term loosely) who bring their 2-3 year
olds
in the cat room and stand there and smile while Little Johnny picks kittens
up
by their heads. :-( I dislike having to discipline other people's kids,

but
don't hesitate to do it if I have to. (and deny them adoptions too)

That's so awful Do you mean the kid will pick up the cat by the head and
the parent says NOTHING?

Oh gosh yes. Stand there and smile while the kid runs through the cat room like
a banshee chasing cats. I'm thinking of *one* set of parents in particular who
got SO ANGRY when we declined to adopt to them. It was a real ugly scene. But
there's no way I'd let them have a kitten, cat *or* puppy or dog. Some people
are so stupid. They treat their children like they are the *center* of their
(and everybody else's) universe, instead of teaching them they are a *part* of
everybody's universe, just like the cats and other children, and have to learn
how to treat them. Like the kittens are just a "prop" in the kid's
entertainment stage.

Sherry