Old May 29th 14, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

Default Road trip continues

"ann791" wrote in message
On 5/28/2014 10:47 AM, Community Kitties wrote:
[After clearing the police checkpoint the convoy again heads south
and
west on Route 66. They stop to take picture of the Bunyon Giant
("Tall
Paul") in Altanta, IL, and marvel at the phone booth on the roof of
City
Hall in Lincoln. Upon reaching Springfield they stop for a tour of
the
Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum, then they cross in to Missouri.

When they get to St Louis they stop at the Gateway Arch. As they are
pulling in to the parking area they have to wait for traffic, as a
large
RV driven by a curly-coated cat and one driven by a large dog are
just
pulling out. Once they get parked they all marvel at the
architectural
wonder. They make their way over towards the base, and start looking
for
the tour guide cats. They're easy to find, as they're wearing red
vest
and gold caps. As the group approaches, the lead tour guide comes
over
to them.]

Hello, and welcome to the Gateway Arch! I'm Archibald, and I'll be
leading you through your visit of the monument today. This is one of
Missouri's foremost attractions, and besides being an architectural
marvel, it offers unparalleled views of the surrounding area. It was
built between 1963 and 1965, and stands 630 feet tall! The Arch has
an
internal tram system to get humans to the viewing area up top, but we
also have a much faster elevator system for kitties (and cat-friendly
doggies) that gets us to the secret viewing area at the very top. Who
would like to see the very top of the Arch?

"That sounds like fun. I've never been up the high". Lucy Lu checks
the batteries in her camera and puts an extra set in her pocket.

I yam game tu go tu da top inna ellybator.
I woodint wanna klime dat fur on da stayerz.
Iz dere uh cafe part wayz goin deown?
I tink dat Sunnydance wyll be hongree by den.
--
Pi2önya AKA Sweetee