Old July 12th 15, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfriend got severely beaten up.

"MaryL" wrote in message
He went out on Friday night around 8.30pm and didn't come in for his 10
pm
sprinkles. I looked for him- he was at the door by 10.15 but he came
inside
very slowly. I knew the moment he came in there was something wrong, as
he
would usually go straight to his dish, he didn't. He sat there, looked
at
me and decided that his bedroom was the best place. He went upstairs very
slowly and sat on the landing, I followed him and he gave the tiniest
meow.
He was unable to get up on the bed so I picked him up. He tried to avoid
me
but couldn't. I examined him for wounds (none I could see). At first I
thought he might have been hit by a car but he had a lot of tufts of fur
sticking out so I knew he'd had a fight that he'd lost big time. I
placed
him on the bed. He was breathing heavily and I thought "should I take
him
to the vet now?" I decided not to and see how he was in the morning.
I woke up at 4.30 worrying about him and daren't check him then in case
a)
he was dead b) might disturb his recovery sleep.
He was a lot better by Saturday a.m. but still staggered a bit. He ate
his
breakfast, went out for 15 mins and spent the day in bed. Today he is
even
more improved, much better meows, keen on his mealtimes, out a bit more
but
still a lot of bedroom..
I suspect that black long-haired cat that he had a fight with one day
last
week said "wait until I see you again and you don't have your meowmie
behind
you"
I am very tempted to get a catchalive trap to catch this cat and see if
he
is neutered. If he isn't he will meet the vet. If he is, well, not much
do about it.
This is the fourth time that Boyfie and him have fought (including when
he
came in to Boyfie's own conservatory when he was minding his own
business).
I'm not having it.
Boyfie rarely fights unless cats come very close to his house, and he's
getting too old to go up against young thugs.
I never heard the fight otherwise I'd have been out there behind him.
I'm hoping that the other cat was equally beaten up and decides not to
chance his luck here again, like Boyfie says " if you think I am hurt
you
should have seen the other cat"

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope Boyfie will be much better in the morning.

MaryL

I gave him some Sheba, turkey in white sauce, helped
a lot..
My aunt advised that if the cat comes again for fighting Boyfie that I
should throw a bucket of water on him.
Boyfie only fights if a cat comes too near the door to his house. He
is not argumentative unless they come too near to his meowmie or bedroom
which this big black cat seems to be doing. So he offers a fight.
I wish he wouldn't. Usually I hear the sing song and go out and save him
but unfortunately I missed this one. He's too old (13) for fighting but he
thinks he is not.
He cannot take on a younger bigger cat but he thinks he can. so he got
beaten up :-( I m hoping that he remembers this, and not to fight the
younger cats that come near his house but I doubt it. " You come near my
house or meowmie and you are one dead cat"

..