Old October 30th 05, 01:39 AM
Elizabeth Blake

Default cat wants company while eating

"cybercat" wrote in message

Is she getting older? My cat began making demands like this when she
was 17-18. She also became a little "senile" according to the vet, and
would howl a kind of "woooooooooe is meeeeeee" howl a couple of
times a week and I would have to go and find her and comfort her.
It was kind of like she took the cat's natural love of routine to the
"enth" degree and became kind of obsessive-compulsive. She
definitely became more clingy. (I had her checked for everything
and she had no health problems.) Maybe this is Stinky's way of
getting older and wanting to be babied more.

Stinky will be 7 next month (more or less). It amazes me to realize that.
She's the only cat I got as an actual kitten (around 3 months old, but still
small & babyish) and I keep thinking of her as my baby cat. She's always
been a demanding cat and this behavior of wanting company comes & goes. She
might do it for weeks on end, and then take a break for awhile. She has
also come to get me even when she's not eating. It's not good enough for me
to pet her in my office; it has to be done on her turf.

My oldest cat (at home) is 15 1/2 and she has become super clingy in the
last few years. She also wakes up meowing sometimes, and she'll come
looking for me. As soon as she sees me, she stops. Probably was having a
nightmare about me petting other cats, and couldn't handle it!

--
Liz