Old December 1st 04, 01:40 AM
Yoj

LOL!

--
Joy

Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way
things turn out.
-- John Wooden

"FibbersCloset" wrote in message
This reminds me of a posting I did several years ago.

Cast of Characters:

DD - age 4 at the time
DC3 - three calicos aged 3 at the time
Mom - age not available...

We went to the basement to find the decorations for the tree. DD

wanted
to take everything up. Mom wanted to haul up the bare minimum

(lights,
angel, and the can of unbreakable Christmas ornaments). DD left Mom

hunt and went to other end of basement to play on DH's drum set.

Hauled stuff upstairs. Discovered that angel was not in can marked
"angel and lights." Returned to basement. Looked through every box
marked Christmas. Twice. Discovered a bunch of Christmas stuff in an
unmarked box. Note to self: mark boxes better when we put things

away
in January. In the meantime, got totally distracted with all of the
other "stuff" in basement. Went back upstairs with angel. D*** cats
(three of them -- hereafter referred to as DC3) escaped into basement.
Returned to basement to retrieve them.

Back to tree. While Mom untangled lights, DD opened box of ornaments
and unwrapped every one, dumping them all in a pile on the floor. Mom
did angel and wrapped lights. DC3 chased ends of light strands. Mom
and DD wrapped pearls and ribbons. DC3 chased ends. DD became irate
with DC3.

The style of decorating is not a classic one. The pearls and ribbons
are a minimum fuss with maximum effect plan to make DD happy and
decorate fast. All ornaments are unbreakable. Not because of DD (who
understands fragile and breakable) but for DC3. We bought a heavier,
sturdier stand this year in hopes that no tree disasters would occur.
We can also resort to tying it up with fishing line. Mom's mantra
during whole process ("We are not trying to be Martha Stewart. We are
trying to have a tree DD will be happy with.")

Mom decided Christmas music would add to atmosphere. Discovered all
Christmas CDs are in DH's truck. Decided to play radio instead,

didn't
turn down volume and caused DD to literally fall to floor from blast

of
music.

DD tired of process and started talking about snack. Mom finished
decorating with half the ornaments -- the rest went back into the box.

Mom turned out room lights and sat with DD on her lap to admire tree
(this is the best part).

Dena

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Cast of Characters:

Sammy - 7-month-old female kitten
Mommy - MUCH older female human

After much contemplation and mental anguish, Mommy decides that she

will
not
let Sammy's, er, boisterousness prevent her from the joy she gets in

putting
up a Christmas tree.

Very amusing story snipped