Old December 5th 12, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelley Greene

Default Feral cat problem

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message

I have no clue what preys on cats except for foxes.

Where I live in TN it's not just fox that keep feral cats under control, but
also coyotes, large hawks by day and owls by night. Roaming dogs pick a few
off before someone shoots the dogs. One neighbor is a sharp-shooter so
loose dogs don't last long here. People put out poison for cats and other
critters they consider pests or vermin. People shoot cats for the hell of
it. Anyone who loves their cats here keeps them indoors or have safe
outdoor enclosures for them as we do. Ours is small but the cats can still
get time outside to sun themselves and enjoy the fresh air.