Old May 1st 04, 02:21 AM
Ted Davis

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 18:16:08 -0600, m. L. Briggs
wrote:

I buy the 4 or 8 pound bags and keep them in the fridge. This may be
impractible for multiple cats.

When I had four cats, I bought 7-8 pound bags, and sometimes I thought
the cats were getting less willing to eat it, then they caught up when
I opened a new bag. I normally rotate flavors, so I'm not completely
sure whether they got tired of the same old same old or whether the
last of the bag was going bad. I know they never like the dusty stuff
from the bottom of the bag. On the current schedule of a new bag
every ten days or so, the consumption is pretty normal right to the
last, which they generally aren't too keen about, possibly because of
the dust. Right now there is a good bit of self feeding going on -
there are still thousands of frogs around and mice have started moving
back into some of the hunted out areas (based on the leavings found in
the living room).

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)