Old January 10th 04, 01:08 PM
.oO rach Oo.

My cat did that ALL the time as well and I know how frustrating it can be.
This may seem weird but what solved it for her was... I started putting her
water in coffee cups. One near her food bowl and one on my nightstand. It
ended the splashing immediately. The odd time when I have been away for a
few days, she will behave for the neighbour that looks after her but will
tip the contents when I get home... within the first 15 minutes. I think
this is her way of punishing me for going away. It's worth a try anyway.

--
rach

"Hipsters - UNITE!"

"Dick Ballard" wrote in message
One of our cats loves to splash water in the area around his water
bowl before drinking. He does this with his paw - looks like he is
trying to clear debris (water is clear) or is trying to establish
where the surface is.

I'm getting tired of cleaning up the floor. How can I stop this
behavior without discouraging him from drinking? I've even switched to
a Drinkwell fountain with the running water and he still splashes
water all over the place.

Dick Ballard