Old September 9th 04, 03:11 PM
kaeli

In article ,
enlightened us with...

Have they had their teeth checked recently?

Jeffrey has horrid gums (his teeth are whole and have almost no tartar, but
his gums were infected when I adopted him and he lost one tiny front tooth
before I got it under control) which I try to care for (they've gotten better
with brushing and some gel stuff the vet gave me), but he crunches his dry
food.
He was in pretty bad shape when I adopted him, as he came from a cat
collector with 70 cats. His fur was all patchy and he was skinny and he had
bad teeth, infected ears, infected gums, and a URI.
He's grown back all his fur and put on more weight than I really wanted him
to. *grin* His ears took a long time to clear up, and I have to keep them
very clean (I almost never have to clean the girls' ears, but his need done
every other day). His gums still bleed when I brush his teeth, but they
aren't all red, inflamed, and gross like they were. His teeth are pretty much
tartar-free; just a little yellow now. Poor little man. And he still loves
me, after all I had to do to him. Go figure.

The girls' teeth are good, as I raised them and made sure to brush regularly.
They crunch up the food, too.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

~kaeli~
A hangover is the wrath of grapes.