Old March 17th 05, 03:31 AM
Katz

Howard Berkowitz wrote:

It occurs to me I don't know how complex a EKG you could do on a cat.

The human standard (not simpler telemetry) is "12-lead", which

actually
use 9 or 10 wires -- some of the "leads" are combinations. You
certainly couldn't get standard EKG electrodes onto a cat's chest for

the 6 frontal positions -- they would be larger than the cat!

My guess is that somewhere between 3 and 5 spots have to be shaved.
That's probabky the unpleasant part, as well as lying still for the
minute or so of the actual measurement.

I've had an EKG myself. As said, nothing to it. But of course, as TED
said, cats squirm & don't cooperate. He did say something about
attachments to her legs. I didn't even think about shaving. Bummer.
Poor Daisy.

So the actual test only takes a minute or so? That's good to know.

Katz