Old October 19th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
shirley

Default Tuffty and my stress levels

"Lois" wrote in message

"shirley" wrote in message
Tuffty seems to think my stress levels are too low and need
raising.........he keeps going missing. On Sunday he was
supervising DH and I clearing out the greenhouse and tidying up the
flowerbeds (and generally getting in our way). Monday morning no
sign of him, this about the 6th time this year he's gone missing.
Tuesday morning no Tuffty. Wednesday morning no Tuffty, this is
about the time my brain starts going from worried to panic mode.
The neighbours must think I'm mad as they see me furtively looking
in their gardens as I walk the streets clicking my tongue (it's a
sound I've trained them, the cats not the neighbours, to respond
to). At lunchtime I went into the garden to hang some washing out
to dry and who should appear......yep....Tuffty, and a right old
telling off he gave me....."where's my food, can't you see I'm
starving, if you don't feed me NOW I'll waste away to
nothing"....so like the obedient servant that I am I stop what I'm
doing and find something suitable for the taste buds of a
discerning cat. Between mouthfuls of food Tuffty continues to tell
me what a lazy, ungrateful human being I am....no mention of where
*HE* has been for the last 2 1/2 days.

--
Shirley a suitably chastised slave.
http://community.webshots.com/user/shirleycatuk

So pleased to hear all ended well and Tuffty made his way back home
or was he hiding somewhere close by watching you and thinking I will
teach her, she can't ignore me and get away with it!!!!!! Consider
yourself chastised.

Lois

I very strongly suspect he gets himself shut in a neighbours
shed/garage, but it's strange that he's always missing for roughly the
same days.

H'e still telling me off today even though I've given his tummy a good
tickling and some Tuna. :-)

--
Shirley
http://community.webshots.com/user/shirleycatuk