Old October 22nd 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CindyBreninger

Default One cat is scared, the other ignores us.

On Oct 21, 5:32 pm, Cheryl wrote:
On Sun 21 Oct 2007 08:21:56p, CindyBreninger wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
roups.com:

Thank you Cheryl. My daughter is 7 and my son is 9. They have
always loved animals and like I said, my son even rescued a
moth! He loves them. We also have a tortoise, a stick bug,
and a hampster. They are in school most of the day and when we
come home, they do homework, have dinner and then can play for a
little bit. They are nice kids. Thanks again! Cindy

You might want to limit her time with them until she comes out of
her shell. You haven't had her long, and something in her history
could be causing red flags to be raised when kids are present. You
don't indicate her age, the age of the other cat (did you get them
both at the same time?) and if they were from a shelter or a
breeder or if they were raised together or just adopted/bought
together. More info please!

)

--
Cheryl

The cats are a brother and sister, two years old. They lived in a
college dorm and who knows what could have happened. They are indoor
cats and litterbox trained. They are mellow and nice cats, just
scared. They always have been. I was just wondering if anyone had
ideas on how to make them feel more comfortable. Should I buy cat
treats? Get them a new cat house? Right now they sleep with the kids
at night and the boy cat crawls up with my son and the girl with my
daughter. At night, they both purr and seem happy. Somehow they both
end up on my bed in the morning. But, during the day, they will hide
and the girl cat acts scared. Other times, she is fine. It is weird.