Old November 1st 03, 07:22 AM
John Biltz

Default Oh my God Bruiser's on fire! (he's not hurt)

I was feeding Bruiser and Maya some tuna just a few minutes ago when
Bruiser brushed up near a lit candle and his fur caught on fire. He
never even realized he was on fire but a patch of fur was burning. It
looked like he had a zippo lighter burning on his flank near his tail.
It went out with a couple of quick pats from me. No more candles, ever.
I had no idea all that long soft fluffy fur could go up like that. He
doesn't even have any bare patches of skin just a lot of burnt looking
hair tips. He's sitting on my chest purring as I type this unaware of
what happened. Man that could have been really bad if I hadn't been
standing right there.