Old November 1st 03, 07:31 AM
Marina

"John Biltz" wrote

I was feeding Bruiser and Maya some tuna just a few minutes ago when
Bruiser brushed up near a lit candle and his fur caught on fire. He
never even realized he was on fire but a patch of fur was burning. It
looked like he had a zippo lighter burning on his flank near his tail.
It went out with a couple of quick pats from me. No more candles, ever.
I had no idea all that long soft fluffy fur could go up like that. He
doesn't even have any bare patches of skin just a lot of burnt looking
hair tips. He's sitting on my chest purring as I type this unaware of
what happened. Man that could have been really bad if I hadn't been
standing right there.

Oh, John, that was scary! But you know, cats have several layers of fur, so
it probably burned only the topmost layer so it really didn't hurt him,
because it didn't get near his skin. Good thing you were there! Purrs for
you both (sounds like you need them more than Bruiser).

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki