Old July 2nd 09, 06:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jamina1

Default Sub-q fluids question/problem

After 90 minutes I would say to use a new needle for sure, but after
only a few seconds? This happened several times to us when we were
providing subcutaneous fluids to one of our kitties. As long as it was
in the same sitting, I don't see there being a problem. Using the same
needle session to session however is a bad bad idea.

Have you never had a doctor attempt to find a vein numerous times?
They don't change the needle every time, do they? Unless the needle
fell on the floor or was similarly contaminated, you should be fine
just sticking it back in - again as long as it is only for one session
and within several minutes of the initial injection. If kitty runs
away and you can't get them back for 20 minutes, use a new needle.