Old July 2nd 04, 08:20 PM
Sharon Talbert

But some rescuers will take them home to be indoor ferals. It's quit the one
way street where the rescuer provides shelter, food, medical care, and a
long comfortable life free from want and harm, in exchange for hissing,
growling, aloofness, and a total lack of anything even vaugely resembling
gratitude.

Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Ron, if you are suggesting that I take home feral kittens, I've not only
tried it, I've modeled my life around it!

In my message, I was responding to a suggestion that a feral kitten be
taken to a shelter. The point of my message was that an unsocialized cat
or kitten is not a likely candidate for a shelter. The city/county
shelters accept them and euthanize, while the nonprofits (so-called
"no-kills") simply won't take them.

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus (feral) Cats
Seattle