Old July 17th 16, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Cat Nicknames?

On 7/16/2016 8:18 PM, Je�us wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 11:31:24 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

I'm sure we all have nicknames for our cats, outside of their actual names.

Buffy is a domestic shorthair, a striped orange tabby. Typical moggie
with an 'M' on her forehead.

Short hair, yes. Thick fur, wow! I've recently taken to calling her
Fluffy McBuffypants. Or Buffy McFluffypants. Either one works.

She doesn't seem to mind.

Buffy McFluffypants

I flip flop.

She also gets called Rumble Bug. When I'm giving her scritches she sort
of crawls up on me and purrs. But sometimes I can only feel it, not
hear it. It's a rumbling feeling more than a sound. So I give her
scritches and call her Rumble Bug.

My two have a long list of nicknames, which seem to constantly evolve
over time. I won't list them all (most will sound silly anyway), but
Annie really seemed to LIKE it when I called her 'tiger' when she was
very young (long story there). So she gets called 'tiger' or 'tiger
girl' more often than not. (I'm aware it's an oxymoron .

Hey, sounds like you have reasons. Many more cats that me, too.

I'm still just learning about Buffy a year later.

Lucy got 'Lucy Loo' from my then gf, that one has stuck. I also call
Lucy 'Possum', because she has a thick, bushy tail like Australian
possums do.

It's fun how we come up with names that fit our pets. Based on
behaviour. And, I guess, appearance!

Jill