Old February 4th 14, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default The facebook group

lid wrote:

Bastette wrote:
Jack Campin wrote:

I'd like to join up with the facebook group

Is this user on it? I presume He knows about it already.

https://www.facebook.com/TheGoodLordAbove

That's a good one, thanks! I "liked" it and then just wasted about an hour
on it, reading posts and comments, not to mention links to other stuff on
the web. That sucking sound you hear is the Internet devouring my time.

I do have a bone to pick, though. God does not look like that!! He doesn't
have a *body*!

Of course he doesn't have a body, that's because he doesn't exist.

When I saw your name (as it were) on this post, I knew exactly what you
would say.

Whether or not there is a god, he doesn't have a body. Either way! I just
find the whole "old man with the white hair" image to be really bizarre.
I never saw a picture of that at any time while growing up, and I did spend
three years in Hebrew school, so I had *some* religious education. It's
just that it was hammered into me that God is a spirit and doesn't have a
physical manifestation or appearance. Of course, Jews don't display images
of God, so that's probably why I never saw that picture. However, I don't
remember anyone saying that there was a physical manifestation of the spirit.
I always understood that to be a Christian belief - but by that I mean Jesus.

--
Joyce

I wonder, wonder, whooooo, WHO! Who rode the moo-cow now?
-- Misheard lyric from "Book of Love"