Old February 18th 17, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

Default Has anyone heard from Takayuki?

On 2/18/2017 9:12 AM, Takayuki wrote:
Hi everyone. Yes, I'm still around, but I did find, somewhat surprisingly,
that reading and writing about kitties made me a bit melancholy about late
Spicey.

Even I've wondered to myself why someone would miss such a vicious little
cat. You'd normally never meet a cat like her - she wouldn't be put on the
visitor floor of a cat shelter, for example, just for liability reasons.

Yet, her flaws made her fascinating. And "human", even that doesn't sound
like a terribly apropos word. A broken personality is like a broken watch -
you see little cogs and springs falling out, and you can learn a lot about
its inner workings, if you happen to observe carefully.

Spicey taught me that a one sided love can be just as strong as any other
kind of love. And that even a love that is one sided may someday be
returned.

And Dot and Buster have been supportive. Dot thinks she's a 17 year old
kitten. And Buster loves pranks, and has been pestiferously working at
becoming a film star during my video conferences.

You certainly don't have to apologize for loving Spicey, even if she did
have problems. I'm sorry you lost her, and that you have Dot and Buster
to help console you.