Old April 7th 10, 07:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Mirco Chiping a cat

On Apr 6, 9:38*pm, "Paul M. Cook" wrote:

In my experience cats don't wander off and get lost like dogs do. *They know
where they live and seldom wander if spayed or neutered. *When I hear of
cats that go missing it's usually because they got killed or some human did
something very bad to them..

This may be true of indoor/outdoor cats. But not of indoor only cats
who get out by accident, get hit by a car, get spooked, panic in an
earthquake or 4th of july fireworks, etc.

Cats can also get into things. Ever hear stories of cats getting into
moving vans, shipping containers, etc, and then being found at the
final destination? That actually happens more often than getting
cancer from a micrchip. Wouldn't it be nice if you got your cat back
after it traveled in a moving van with your old neighbor?

Or there's the case of the helpful neighbor who thinks your cat is
lost, and takes him to the shelter, trying to be helpful. We used to
have an indoor/outdoor cat because he had a huge spraying problem
(even after being neutered and given multiple medications). We had two
neighbors "return" him to us because they thought he was lost. Another
neighbor stole him for 3 days. We had missing cat signs up, so they
knew he was ours. He must have sprayed their house pretty good,
because they released him after a few days and commented later about
how friendly he was.