Old October 18th 07, 07:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default Cat euthanized while owners are away...

wrote in message

Watch the video.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_15847.aspx

Pet Owners Outraged After Cat Euthanized While They're Away

That is one horrible story!! Can they sue? I sure hope so. This is
one situation where a lawsuit would be a reasonable response (and
better, if less gratifying, than beating the crap out of those
people). But I don't know if they could mount a case, since the
shelter probably didn't do anything illegal.

I feel so sad for those people.

I wonder how the cat got outside while they were away, though?

Joyce

I think it is outrageous that the cat was euthanized under these
circumstances -- but I think it is *even more* outrageous that the "owners"
would have left the cat to fend for itself while they were gone. I have
indoor cats, and I have a cat sitter who comes in twice a day when I am away
from home. This was an outdoor cat, but they still should have had someone
check on it at least once a day. What if the cat had been injured and left
without any care during that same time? Or had been accidentally trapped
somewhere? It seems that no one was checking on this cat's welfare while
the family was vacationing. So, I feel sorry for the cat but not for the
people involved.

MaryL