Old October 18th 04, 07:10 PM
Christina Websell

"Doe John" wrote in message
At what temperature do people start to turn on their central heating?
I normally wait til end of October when the daytime temp indoors is
around 55 degrees. Now it is around 57 degrees indoors in the
morning.Very cold. Catching colds constantly. I thought of turning it
on a week ago when my cat would constanty climb on top of me because I
was the best source of heat. I'm a walking elecrric blanket to
her.Feels colder now than in the past since I lost about 40 pounds
since last May.

Myself, I don't have central heating as such, but I light my fires when I
feel cold. I don't think it's necessary to wait for a certain temperature -
and why would you? If you feel cold, put your central heating on. That's
my advice, anyway ;-) Don't be cold. It definitely can compromise your
immune system and you'll get colds and chest infections.
So put your heating on tonight, please. Promise? To h*ll with the expense.

Tweed