Old November 25th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Side effect of Royal Canin?

wrote:

I think cats do like variety. A lot of times I buy a sample-sized bag
of a new kind, and they always scarf it down. Then if I buy the big
bag, they don't go after it so well. I've heard you're supposed to
stick with the same kind of food to avoid stomache upset. I really
think they get tired of it. Boots is like your Furballs. She's a
dry-food girl, and it's hard to get her to eat anything else.

I always fed Frank and Nikki a variety of brands and flavours. They both
liked dry food, but I only used to give them a few pieces for an evening
snack. if Caliban could choose, I think he would prefer to eat dry food,
but I'm only giving him the few pieces every evening for a treat, like I
did with F&N. He's chubby enough as it is! Miranda, of course, will not
stoop so low as to eat anything labelled 'cat food.' ;o)

Stories and pics at
http://koti.welho.com/mkurten/