Old August 2nd 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
The Other Mike[_2_]

Default Euthanasia - not sure what to do.

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 14:53:11 -0700 (PDT), honeybunch
wrote:

Will a vet come to
your house? How will you dispose of the body? Taking the beloved cat
to the vets and leaving him there is very hard.

No, our vets won't do home euthanasia. We have a tranquilizer the vet
gave us that we'll give him before we bring him in. Don't worry...no
way would I just leave him there...we went through this 2 years ago
with my 17 year old cat and were with him the entire time. It's hard
for us, but as far as we're concerned, there's no other option but to
be there.

As far as Phil's suggestion, I will ask him about it...it was never
mentioned to have it analyzed....3 different vets all told us it was
the result of his cancer (some elevated blood levels pointed towards
cancer...not sure what they were...plus multiple xrays and an
ultrasound showing the abnormalities on his lungs and liver). The vet
is supposed to call tonight...I'll ask him about getting the fluid
analyzed. Thanks for the advice.