Old July 23rd 19, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

Default Ravenous kitties

We feed our kitties both dry food and wet food. We leave dry food down so they can graze (but have to put it in a puzzle bowl to keep Ranger from scarfing it down too fast and puking), and I set out three dishes of wet food for breakfast and for dinner.

A couple months ago I noticed that Sammy had gotten pretty skinny, so I set about encouraging him to eat more of the wet food. My efforts have paid off - he will eat all of the wet food I give him, will wait for Ranger to finish his (Ranger only eats a very small amount of wet food) and finishes it. I feed them first thing in the morning, as soon as I get up. I feed the dog and the garage cats and go about my normal morning activities, then the next time I walk through the kitchen I find Sammy and Francesca staring at me, giving me pleading, starving looks so I give them ANOTHER breakfast.

When I get home from work, same thing again. Francesca sits on the kitchen counter and Sammy sits in the middle of the kitchen floor, staring. I feed them, feed the dog, feed the garage cats, take my shoes off, etc. Next time I walk through the kitchen, Sammy and Francesca are both giving me the "poor starved kitty" look. Out comes another can, and they get second dinner.

I haven't had Sammy back to the vet for a little while so I don't know how much the extra feeding has been helping him, but I can definitely tell that he's putting back on some of the weight that he had lost.