Old August 2nd 19, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default New York just banned cat declawing. It's the first state tooutlaw the procedure

On 7/25/2019 8:20 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Auric Hellman
wrote:

Wonderful news!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...ure/ar-AAEHJWe

Dr. Auric D. Hellman

Excellent!

Judith

I have always felt that declawing was a horrible thing. I don't know
why all the US states haven't banned it.

Persia (RB) came to live with me already front-declawed. In later life
I saw how she gingerly walked on her front paws as if they pained her.
Especially the left one. There wasn't anything I could do about it
because someone else had that done to her. All I could do was take her
into my home (she demanded to come inside, actually, announced she lived
with me).

Buffy has all her claws. She's torn up my furniture. I never once
considered cutting off her toes. I was given a large roll of
double-sided sticky tape by my neighbor. Cat's don't like sticky tape. LOL

I tried scratchers and posts and all sorts of things for her to scratch
on. She likes cardboard, but that doesn't trim the claws.

When Buffy first came to live with me she was fine with me clipping her
claws. That didn't last long, I've no idea why.

The double-sided sticky tape works to keep her from scratching fabric
chairs. It's not very attractive on the furniture, though. LOL

Jill