Old July 8th 03, 12:27 AM
Nicole

I do have the balls to say that my husband has had cats before which were
declawed and they were in great health. As a matter of fact, Dolly lived to
be 17 years old.

Do you people really think that you are going to get your point across by
BASHING and being ignorant?? If you wanted to change my mind or convince me
to NOT declaw Hailey - you have definately NOT succeeded. Instead you've
made yourselves look like idiots and discredited all advice that you may
have given.
"Arjun Ray" wrote in message
In nk.net, "Nicole"
wrote:

| I think I'm probably one of the only ones with the balls enough to say
| "yeah, I've weighed the alternatives and have decided to declaw".

Do you have the balls to say:

"Declawing is the amputation of the toe bones that cats walk on. The
bone has to come off because the claw grows out of it. The result is an
unnatural posture as the cat turns its wrists to distribute the pressure
of walking over the other bones in its paws. The procedure is reliably
painful enough that declaw post-ops are routinely used to study the
effectiveness of painkilling medications and pain treatment protocols.
I will ignore the evidence that declawing can make a biter or couch
wetter out of my cat. There is no medical or health benefit to the cat
whatsoever but still I will have this done, and I am very glad that I
live somewhere where neither the prevailing laws nor the professional
ethics of veterinarians stand in the way of my desire to mutilate an
innocent kitten."

Well, do you have the balls?