Old September 29th 05, 08:01 PM
Ajanta

Jason James wrote:

Thanks Jason. Internet is a wonderful thing, still capable of amazing
me that I can post a question in Chicgao and get a response from
Australia...

: My experience is, that all cats have a routine when they want to tell you
: they want some food. Perhaps she gives you more attention or hangs
: around the cupboard or kitchen where the food is prepared/ tins opened?

Certainly, if I walk to the cupboard she follows, if I show a can she'd
try to paw it, if I open the can she perks up. But she does it all the
time, not more when she is hungry and less when she should not be. At
least I have not been able to differentiate.

Maybe the problem is I have always fed her promptly when she arrived,
so she knows food is coming and doesn't have to tell me anything? I can
try to play cool and see what happens. Of course, you hate to play such
games with a little animal.

: The vomiting maybe just a response to a different food, or she has just
: ingested some grass, or she maybe feeling a little off.

She does eat "different" foods, but the vomiting comes only every 7-8
days.

As I said I had no experience with pets. When I started with this cat,
I read a little and the consensus was canned food is better than dry
for their health. So I started buying canned, whatever was on sale.
This way I have fed her many different brands and many varieties within
a brand. She is pretty good about eating what I offer except a few
types she clearly doesn't like and I avoid those.

I get 5.5 oz cans and one suffices for two meals. I am not very good at
reheating the refrigerated portion, because she is always more
enthusiastic about the first 1/2 of the can than the second. This is
regardless of brands and type.

: Cats eat grass to make themselves vomit...

Well, she does have access to a lot of grass! Does this mean an
indoor-only cat vomits less?