Old July 8th 04, 12:48 PM
KiaSidhe

"Callipygian Nullifidian" wrote in message
"Gee" wrote in message

: Tim, surely you have some neighbours who could pop in and give your
cats
: some attention at least every couple of days,

How naive....

I can't imagine allowing my neighbors access to my house without a
chaperone. Actually, my jirds would be far harder to prepare
for...they wouldn't be able to get to the sink (especially with three
cats running around).

Hmm....my mom and dad used to let neighbors watch the cats and birds and
rodents and feed the plants and take in the mail, etc. while we were gone on
vacation. It was alright.......but then again, they had known these people
for 20 years and for 10 of those years, each of them kept a spare key at the
other one's house (just in case someone got locked out). Sometimes they
would even pay one of the neighborhood kids $10 for a week of doing that
(but their parents would come along too).

However, when my fiancee and i went on vacation, we got a family member (his
dad or stepmom) to stop over here once a day and feed our cat.

---Julia