Old February 13th 12, 06:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_4_]

Default Ping! Gandalf

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 08:41:32 -0800, "Sylvia M"
wrote:

Purrs for a good final recovery.
I hope her bedroom is on one of the lower floors.
P2nya & Antee Sylvia

"Gandalf" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 14:43:07 -0800, "Pi2nya AKA Sweetee"
wrote:

Hay Gandalf,

Heowz yur Muther doin?
Kummin uhlong wewll ei howp...

She is recovering, slowly.

She was discharged from the hospital after 5 days, feeling, in
her words
'wretched.

She is staying in a rehabilitation center, while she builds up
her
strength.

She lives alone in the large house I grew up in. There are 4
floors, and
3 fairly short flights of stairs.

She needs to be able to walk up and down those stairs, before
she can
go home.

She is getting better,but it is slow. She is 89 years old, and
the
anesthesia and surgery was very, very hard on her.

But, now she IS on the mend. I just don't know how long it
will take.

I visit her every day. Of course.

Thank you all for your purrs and prayers. They are working.

-Gandalf and Lorelei

It is on the 2nd floor, but so far, she hasn't left her floor. And there
is an elevator.

I think I am going to have to take her to the doctor on Monday. She has
some problems that the 'nursing staff' just isn't taking care of. AT
ALL.

They basically try to ignore EVERYTHING that might mean some extra work
for them, even if it's only paperwork.

My Mother's room mate was taken to the hospital 2 days ago, and is
staying for a few days.

Her daughter came to get her things, and my Mother asked if she was
coming back.

The daughter said 'probably not'....but she also said 'ALL the rehab
centers are basically the same'. Which does not surprise me in the very
least.

I'm about ready to start demanding to see green cards.

The people there don't KNOW how to do ANYTHING. Something as simple as
changing a dressing on a wound.

My Mother had to TELL THEM WHAT TO DO, AND HOW TO DO IT.

And, they don't even remember, 2 days later. They just don't CARE.
Grrrr!

I am terrified she will pick up an infection, due to their sloppy (at
best....) practices.

But, she continues to improve. Today I asked her if she had enough to
read. She has read 3 books, and has 3 left. She reads the newspaper,
cover to cover, every day. She is walking more.

I just want her to get well enough to go home, ASAP.

Thank you ALL again, for all of your purrs

Gandalf and Lorelei