Old September 13th 03, 03:50 AM
rrb_041303

Brian or Sharon Beuchaw said:

And hopefully this will be an easy question for y'all - our 5 year old
female recently developed cystitis w/o crystals (and from what I've read,
stress and eating dry food may aggravate it, and we just got a new kitten
a few weeks ago and she eats dry food). I've read numerous posts about
wet food being best, so we need to switch. Which wet food (readily
available at either the grocery store or Petsmart) would be best for
keeping cystitis at bay for the rest of her life? Or does it really
matter what brand as long as it's wet and the cat likes it and eats it?

Your vet would be a good place to start. A low magnesium food and alot
of water consumption is a starting point. I know that my local Petsmart
sells prescription foods. They are in a separate area away from the rest
of the food. You will have to look for it in the store. I don't know
what the requirements are to purchase it but it is probably worth
looking into.