Old May 27th 08, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
cybercat

Default Adopting cats and kittens, was Pet euthanasia at home (license or permit required?)

"hamandcheese" wrote

Oh I'll get a playmate soon enough because no animal should be
separated from his own species for the kid of companionship us humans
just can't give but I think I would like to evaluate any needs or
issues the first one may have before complicating things too much.

Yeah, that's smart. My comments come from watching these siblings
my sister adopted grow up together. They spent much of their
kittenhood entwined in seriously cute sleeping positions.

I have never adopted kittens, always grown cats, for the same
reasons many do. I love kittens, though, and wonder what it
would be like to get to know an animal from a baby. It seems
it would be even cooler if you could get siblings and raise them
from babies.

(Still, the most wonderful cat I have ever had I have now--Gracie, adopted
at age 1-2. She is a love bug, but at the same time, still runs from
us as a reflex. It actually makes life kind of fun. We are always
chasing her down and loving her up. I say things like, "when I finally
catch you I am going to kiss your little face right off your head. For her
it is a big game, and with my husband, she makes this huge show of
"submission" by jumping up on the bed and slinking down low, then
letting him pet her into a frenzy of purring and lipping her catnip toys.)