Old November 20th 04, 07:21 PM
Yoj

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I just posted a rant in answer to Jill's rant about her family and

wanted to
add an example. Even after all my avowals, I still try to get my

mom's
(never-forthcoming) approval.

So...

Since I got such good feedback from you guys on my "...With Mommy"

stories
here I thought I'd print them out and send them to her to read. Her
response was, "To be honest I didn't like them at all. They were too

bloody
(how could you allow an animal to bite and scratch you like that?).

They
were too disgusting, I gagged when I read about you drinking coffee

with cat
boogers in it, and if an animal had gotten anywhere near my food I

would
have thrown it and the animal out!"

Sigh, they were just supposed to be funny anecdotes mom!

Now, I have had one of my "Prissy" stories published in a real live

book,
"The Cats of Our Lives", edited by Franklin Dohanyos (you can still

buy it
on Amazon.com - ISBN 1-55972-487-0), "Prissy Adopts a Duck", page 171.

You would think that, with that affirmation, it wouldn't bother me

that my
cat-hating mom didn't like my stories, but it still stings. Right

after the
above comments she started telling me about my older brother who had a
write-up in the Parish paper about his award-winning wood carving.

Message
received: Nothing you do is any good, everything your brother does is
excellent. The sad part is that I am extremely proud of my talented

genius
of a brother, but mom makes it so hard for us to get along!

Sorry, I'll get off my rant now (it seems to be the week for rants!!).

Hugs,

CatNipped

I know it would be much better coming from your family, but *I* think
it's fantastic, but not surprising, that you had a story published.

Joy