Old February 26th 04, 08:49 PM
dgk

Default Moving the litterbox

Right now the litterbox (one for two cats, yes, I know but it works)
sits in my tub. It's been there for 8 years so I know it works.
However, I've decided I could really use the tub. The bathroom, fairly
small, has a separate stall shower which, I should point out, is used
frequently. I'm thinking bathroom renovation time.

The plan: Replace tub with jacuzzi sort of thing. Regular size bathtub
but with those nice jets. Rip down stall shower and old sink. Perhaps
move toilet a foot or two to free up more space. Build nice cabinet
where stall shower was with a nice, bigger, attractive sink so mate
stops whining about it.

The bottom of this cabinet will feature a nice recessed hole where the
litterbox will be located, with a quiet fan and filter to trap the
dust which now gets all over the place no matter how carefully I scoop
and fill. Also, a place for cat food and the water fountain. Neatly
out of sight.

I realize that ripping out a stall shower tends to lower the selling
price a bit but I'm not planning on selling any time soon. I have to
live here. Plus, a well thought out litterbox solution should please
potential buyers of discriminating taste.

So the question is, will the cats like a litterbox tucked in the
bottom of a cabinet? They do seem to like cave sorts of hide holes so
I think this should go over big. Does anyone see anything wrong from
either the feline or human perspective? Or any suggestions to make it
better?