Old March 31st 04, 05:15 AM
Marina

"Mischief" wrote

Thanks. It could conceivably be done everyday, but only if we had the
staff. But who wants to work on a farm for a community college? We
only have a handful of students like me working on the farm. Other
students are too busy with jobs or other classes or just don't want to
work with farm animals. I ended up doing all this work because I got
sick and tired of everything being done last minute. And if I don't
do it, who will? If this was UC Davis, this never would have gotten
this bad. But since there's only three guys working the whole farm,
there's too much to be done and too little people.

I finally managed to get Russ to come in with the bulldozer and take
care of that pen on Thursday. We're putting in a pregnant cow that's
due to give birth soon. I'm going to help milk her. And Russ
plans to tackle the other two pens later next week. Yeah!

When the pens get all cleaned out, I'm going to try to get some of the
students to help me keep it clean.

You're doing a great job, and glad to hear you've got at least some help.
Maybe you've started a new trend around there? Thank you for making the
effort. Those animals deserve it.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki