Old May 28th 04, 08:14 PM
Jeanette

I'm almost sure that Ripley belonged to a couple of elderly brothers who
lived across the road from me. He turned up about a month after one of them
died, and a couple of months before the other one moved into a care home. I
think the one who died was the cat lover, and he got thrown out when he
died. He certainly knew the area, and was familiar with my other cats.

I've got a full history for Cav, which is great, I know that he was never
ill treated, just unwanted. He started life as an unwanted kitten, and was
given to a pet shop. He doesn't seem to be too traumatised, so I assume that
he was bought quite quickly. On his vaccination certificate, it gives his
age as 9 weeks, and his owners as the pet shop. He was called Thumper then.
He was bought by an elderly lady, who died when he was twelve to eighteen
months old. She was the one who named him McCavity Her son took her four
young cats / kittens in, although he already had four cats of his own. Late
last year, he realised that eight cats were too many, and signed his
mother's four over to Cats Protection for adoption. Cav was the last of the
four to be adopted. His fosterer is a good friend of mine

Jeanette