Old November 4th 10, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

Default Great carriers for small pets

I just bought two of these IRIS carriers for Holly and Duffy. I already
have soft-sided carriers, but it is torture for both them and me to make use
of those carriers. Holly basically grows 8 legs when I try to get her into
one of them, and Duffy grows 16! The carriers often collapse during the
struggle to get my twosome into them for visits to the vet. Then, I came
across a picture of this new (at least, new to me) carrier. The carrier
looks very much like a picnic basket, and I love the way the entire top
closes and locks effortlessly. The one drawback is that they are smaller
than the dimensions sound. Holly and Duffy weigh a little less than 9
pounds each, but they are long enough that they pretty much fill the
carrier. As a result, I don't think these would be suitable for large cats.
It's a brilliant design, and I wrote to the manufacturer to suggest that
they also produce one that is longer. You can see pictures at the links
below.

Amazon.com - available in both green and tan (oddly, the green costs more):
http://www.amazon.com/IRIS-Pet-Carri...8828211&sr=8-1

-or- http://tinyurl.com/2cf3xps

Walmart - again, available in green and tan (same cost, "in between" the
cost of the two at amazon):
http://www.walmart.com/search/search...h_constraint=0

-or- http://tinyurl.com/25my3yj

MaryL