Old July 7th 04, 07:36 AM
Arjun Ray

In ,
(Luvskats00) wrote:

| Maybe there is a certain "time frame" in which the breeders
| are obligated to take the cat back. Perhaps it's unreasonable
| to hold the breeders to a lifetime guarantee

Um, no.

There is no reputable rescue organization that I know of that
doesn't have a return policy. And this is a commitment by people
who weren't even responsible for the cats existing to begin with.

A breeder *is* responsible for a cat existing at all, and if that
doesn't obligate a lifelong commitment, then nothing ever could.
Breeders who try to evade this through "limited warranties" and
whatnot are scum, in my book.

In this case, the cat was *known* to have a problem before the
adoption. Phil was willing to give it a try. That in no way
allowed the breeder to be done with the cat. In fact, I'm amazed
that the breeder is trying to beg off in this case. It only
deepens the contempt in which I hold all breeders.