Old February 9th 04, 02:19 AM
Hopitus2

Trying to compose brief advice: there is a surgical remedy for male cats to
revise the urethral opening as to more closely replicate the female
urethra...(as my aunt used to say, "making him a girl")...it solves
life-threatening dilemma of stones blocking urine passage.
Consult another vet, ASAP. That dude's word is not the final verdict on the
subject, believe me. Don't accept it as such.

"Chris" wrote in message
om...
: My Mainecoon cat has been diagnosed with kidney stones. I was hoping
: to get some feedback from other cat owners who have expierienced this.
: What treatment did you seek? Was surgery involved? A change in diet?
: My vet says he is a time bomb waiting to explode. He said there is
: really nothing he can do. Also maybe some links to websites to do some
: research.
: Thanks in advance
: Chris